Apr 6 & Apr 7, 2018
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- There is a “Three Time Limit” regarding the number of Tournament championships that an individual can win, as per WV State Athletic Commission rules. The maximum number of tournaments is a total of three Toughman Contests and/or any similar events.
- Male and Female age 18 through 39
- Three (3) one minute rounds
- Rest period, one minute between each round
- Two day single elimination Boxing Tournament
- Three knockdown rule is in effect
- Standing eight count is in effect
- Scoring is on the 10 point must system
EQUIPMENT (SUPPLIED BY PROMOTER EXCEPT MOUTH GUARD)
- Boxing Gloves (16 ounce)
- Groin Protection
- Mouth Guard
WEIGHT CLASSES (FOR MEN AND WOMEN)
- Lightweight: up to 139 lbs
- Middleweight: 140 to 159 lbs
- Light Heavyweight: 160 to 184 lbs
- Heavyweight: 185 to 400 lbs
- No pro’s allowed
- If you have EVER had more than FIVE (5) amateur boxing, Kick Boxing, MMA fights or any combination totaling more than FIVE (5) fights you are NOT eligible. Toughman bouts do not count. If you have any questions, please e-mail promoter Jerry Thomas
- All male fighters must live within approximately 75 miles of the event city
- There is NO mileage requirement for Women fighters
- The promoter reserves the right to accept or reject any fighter
- Must be in good health, wimps need not apply!
PRIZE MONEY AND AWARDS
- The champion in each weight class receives $1,000 and the runners up in each weight class will each receive $300. Prize money for the Women’s divisions may vary depending on the number of fighters.
- Each weight class champion will receive a Toughman jacket. Each weight class runner up will receive a trophy.
- The promoter reserves the right to accept or reject ANY fighter at ANY time.
Check out their website for more information.